The Intermediate Course will cover the Ancient Thai Massage that has a healing system that will teach the practitioner guides of the body’s energy lines and pressure points.
Also, this course is intended to give practitioners a wider understanding of the therapeutic treatment of patients during pregnancy and labor as well as adding to the knowledge and arsenal of tools which are available for each therapist.
At the level, students who are evaluated as a intermediate will learn the below required skills.
- Health and safety
- Product Knowledge
- Anatomy & Physiology of Body
- Contra Indication
- Preparation & Maintenance of Work Area
- Client Preparation
- Traditional Thai Massage Techniques
- Stretching, Mobilizations and Deep pressure techniques to release muscle tension and improve flexibility
- All relevant muscle and skeletal A&P
- A background to Chinese Medicine and SEN theory
- Safe practice techniques
- Pressure points for each area of technique
- Stretching – how to work with key muscle reflexes
- Pregnancy Massage Techniques
- Different positions for massaging pregnant clients
- Massage techniques to help relieve common ailments experienced in pregnancy
- Advice on presenting labor massage to pregnant clients and their birthing partner
Students will undergo practical and written exams to receive the Afrina Academy Ofﬁcial Diploma attested from KHDA.
- Floor Mattress
- Massage Oil