The Advanced Massage Course will cover the full Advanced syllabus Therapeutic Massage through formal lectures, practical classes.
At the level, students who are evaluated as a beginner’s will learn the followings:
- Health and safety
- Product Knowledge
- Anatomy & Physiology of Body
- Contra Indication
- Preparation & Maintenance of Work Area
- Client Preparation
- The principles of Holistic Therapeutic Body Massage, and guidance on how to develop a massage routine for each individual client.
- A supervised hands-on approach to teaching practical massage skills
- Be able to treat common complaints effectively using “Effective Therapeutic Massage Techniques” such as: Low Backache, Neck & Shoulder Pain, Headaches, Asthma, RSI, etc.
- The proper application of Deep Tissue Massage techniques integrating the use of body applicators such as Heel of Hand, Forearms, Elbows, Fists, and Knuckles
- How to palpate body structures and what to feel for
- Postural Observation and its importance for formulating a treatment
- Surface anatomy of muscles
- How to take the body massage further and be able to apply techniques beyond the routine to tailor them to an individual – make them “therapeutic”.
- How to resolve tightness and “knots” intense muscles using soft tissue massage techniques.
Students will undergo practical and written exams to receive the Afrina Academy Ofﬁcial Diploma attested from KHDA.
- Massage Oil