Eyelash extensions aftercare
Eyelash Extensions are a high maintenance beauty treatment. They require very gentle care in order for the lashes to last longer and stay in good condition.
- Be gentle. Do not rub or pull on your eyelash extensions.
- Keep your Eyelash Extensions dry for 4-6 hours after your appointment.
- You may wash your face in the sink using a washcloth, avoiding the eye area.
- Keep all oil based products away from the eyes and remember that everything on your face will travel to the eye area.
- Oil WILL breakdown the adhesive and you will have premature lash extension loss.
- Your hands can get dirty, and dirt is oily, so you’ll want to keep your fingers off your eyes unless cleansing.
- Lash tinting will need to be done 24-48 hours before your lash fill appointments.
- No perming the lashes!
- No saunas, facials, or swimming within 4-6 hours of application.
- Do not stick your head in the oven when baking! It can singe your extensions! Turn your head away from the oven when putting anything in or pulling anything out.
- Do not use Eyelash Curlers.
- You should be careful and take specific care with makeup and remover.
- Do not use cotton on your lash extensions.
- Wash your lashes daily (after the initial 4-6 hours). Apply oil-free makeup remover with your fingers, rubbing gently down the lashes.
- Or you may apply oil-free makeup remover to your lashes using a disposable mascara wand. Spray onto wand, brush through lashes gently, and rinse with warm water.
- Mascara should be washable and cannot be waterproof.
- We recommend The Lashe Cleanser.
- We recommend The Lashe Mascara as it is designed to be worn with eyelash extensions and can be removed easily.
- Apply mascara to the tips of the lashes only. No need to swipe from bottom to top.
- Do not attempt to remove any lashes on your own, call us for an appointment.
- Brush your lashes daily.
- We aren’t attaching airplane parts! Aggressive behavior towards the lashes will cause the lash extensions to come off.
- Keep them dry for 4-6 hours after application. If you wear eye shadows and liners, you will need to keep it on or re-apply over it.
- Keep oil off your lashes, including oils from your fingers.
- If you wash them, you will wear them longer. Be sure to cleanse daily to remove oils.
- Brushing solves most problems. Try brushing the lashes gently if you notice something amiss.
This post has 3 comments
Marj30 Jan 2021
Very informative blog!
Marj30 Jan 2021
Nice info! Great to share.
Joy2 Feb 2021
Now I have the idea how does eyelash extension application and how to take care of it. And I want to try it!